Has one of the downtown sculptures caught your eye? With only one month remaining until the 2015 sculptures are taken down in early April, now is the time to purchase or lease one of these stunning works of art.

“Sales have been up this year, and for the first time ever, we’ve sold a piece overseas,” says Castlegar Sculpturewalk Executive Director Joy Barrett. “Pearl, by Victoria artist Fred Dobbs, was purchased by global chemical manufacturing company Dorf Ketal, based in Mumbai. They had viewed the piece online, and were excited about showcasing it in their headquarters. We shipped the piece off after Christmas to its new home. Another piece, The Priestess, by Quebec artist Marie-Josée Leroux, will be making its way to Seattle, and Gangsta Raven, by Nelson artist Dave Dando, will be staying with its new owners here in Castlegar. It’s exciting to see our market grow.”

“Sales and leasing is an important part of our program as not only does it directly support our artists, it also increases public art,” says Sculpturewalk President Charlene Covington. “Local businesses have found this program to be an ideal way to draw attention to their business, and with this support, we’ve seen public art here boom, with over fifty pieces currently showing in the city. Castlegar has definitely earned the title of The Sculpture Capital of Canada™!”

Leasing is an affordable way to dip your toe into the art market, with monthly leases starting at only $100/month. Lease fees can be put towards an eventual purchase. Sculpture purchases can also be made on a long-term, payment plan basis. 75% of the lease and sale prices go directly to the artists, supporting their livelihood and enabling their ongoing participation in our program, with the remaining 25% going towards Sculpturewalk’s ongoing operating expenses.

2015 SCULPTUREWALK CATALOG

LAST CHANCE TO BUY OR LEASE A 2015 SCULPTURE!